Monday, June 18, 2018

Home for a Few Days

I was granted a few days off to return home. Finally arrived last Wednesday, 13th June 2018.  Good thing that the strawberries and blackberries, along with the asparagus i brought and packed on my suite case did not spoil. 

First, I would like to thank all of you who have extended help to us this past few days. Your kindness is overwhelming. My family is forever grateful.

Madz
Lilibeth
Martin
Susan



The same night I arrived, we called some hospitals to inquire about the schedules of Medical Oncologist. We found Dr. Tolentino, who had clinic hours the following day, 14th June 2018. We arrived at the hospital at about 1:00PM the next day. 

After reviewing my mother's medical records from the previous hospital where she was confined last May 2018, we were informed that my mom needs to undergo some tests as the cancer might have metastasised (spread to other sites in the body by metastasis) already . The doctor ordered for the following tests: Laboratory Test, CT Scan for the Chest, Ultrasound for Whole abdomen, and Bone Scan.

Since it is not very easy to walk a distance for my mom, we have made her tests from the same hospital. On the same day, she did the laboratory test and ultrasound. I am able to understand some of the comments on the result but i will let the doctors explain everything to us in details.

Last Saturday, 16th June 2018, we returned to the same hospital and my mother underwent CT Scan for the Chest with Full Contrast. The result will be available after 24 hours so we are going to collect it the next time that we are in the hospital.






We expect to return to the hospital this week for her Bone scan and for her follow up with her oncologist.

Please continue to pray for my mother in her fight against cancer. And please continue to support and share our fundraising campaign at https://gogetfunding.com/support-moms-fight/

No comments:

Post a Comment